About Dentistry Faculty
Faculty of Dentistry as part of the Tishk International University is one of the leading private universities in Iraq, has consistently maintained the highest quality of dental education since its founding in 2008. At Dentistry Faculty of Tishk International University, we are committed not only to educate excellent clinicians but outstanding professionals who treat the whole patient, keep the exemplary ethical standards, and compassion to serve.
The first three years of our curriculum covers all the related basic biological and medical sciences preparing the students for the clinical stages.
Students will spend their first year primarily in the classroom and laboratory, focusing on the biological sciences and preclinical techniques. In the subsequent two years, they will continue education in the basic and preclinical sciences with more focus on dental procedures and training in our Faculty simulated clinical labs through the (Preclinical Courses) by the means of 3D models that mimic the human oral cavity.
In the final two years the students will continue your education in the dental specialties and also be responsible for the comprehensive care of your patients. You can expect to spend five half-days per week in dental specialties clinics providing comprehensive care to your patients.
- Professional excellence and integrity in living, learning and practicing with the highest ethical and clinical standards,
- Commitment to advance dentistry through the integration of education, research, and collaboration.
- Respect for each other’s rights, opinions, and beliefs in a diverse, culturally-sensitive and supportive environment.
- A culture of open communication that fosters a sense of community.
Why Dentistry Faculty?
The TIU dental faculty advantages :
- That covers a broad concept of the biomedical sciences, clinical sciences, as well as social issues related to the general health and well-being of the public
- The educational process that develops and reinforces ethical values and responsibility
- Stimulate students to model values and beliefs that demonstrate the commitment of the profession to the patient and public welfare
- Emphasizes the concept of decision-making that is evidence-based and reflects contemporary knowledge
- Promote the concept of problem solving and critical thinking skills throughout the curriculum
- Promote the notion of lifelong learning as a fundamental value in professional life
High quality clinical training
- You will be trained by renowned faculty members passionate about sharing their knowledge and experience
- TIU dental hospital is one of the finest university dental hospitals in Iraq
- Rotations and treating patient in all different dental disciplines supervised by specialists
- Opportunity for clinical research
In addition to :
- Our Faculty is ISO certified and currently is in the final steps of getting another International Accreditation
- Our Faculty arranges various scientific activities for students like seminars and workshops that are presented by local and international speakers in addition to the yearly International Conference of Oral Science (ICOS)
- In 2018 our Faculty started the First Joint Master program with Hawler Medical University that gave a great chance for our alumni to continue their study and get Master degree in the different branches of Dentistry
- Because our Faculty is following the regulations of the Bologna Process our graduates can continue their postgraduate studies in universities outside Iraq.
- We provide extracurricular social and entertaining activities inside and outside the campus for our students like sports, arts, and charity clubs that aim in building strong personality Dentists that can serve our society.
- Since our Faculty is approved by the ministry of higher Education of Iraq as well as the ministry of Higher Education of Kurdistan, Our Graduates have the chance to be employed in all public sectors in Kurdistan and Iraq.
- Due to the intensive clinical education in our Faculty, our graduates are licensed from Kurdistan Dental Syndicate and they can work in the Private Clinics.
At TIU dental faculty, learning doesn’t end in the classroom and clinic. Our challenging clinical education and our expert faculty members prepare you for a lifetime of providing quality care with compassion and excellence in dentistry.
- Oral Medicine
- Oral Radiology and Diagnosis
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Public Hospitals
- Military Hospitals
- Private Hospitals
- Dental Polyclinics
- United Nations Organizations
- Governmental Health Management Sectors
- Non-Govermental Health Care Organizations
- Clinical Research Organizations
- Dental Equipment Companies
- Public Universities and Institutes
- Private Universities and Institutes